[DeTomaso] Sad news about Pandora & my planned attendance at the Fun Rally

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Tue Jun 6 01:19:37 EDT 2023

Chris,

This is an infuriating read.

If you had spent just a fraction of the time high you wasted writing that big missive instead asking for help, you would have got it.  Years ago, in answer to this same issue from somebody else, I wrote:

The idler pulley bearing can make one hell of a racket.   You can buy a
replacement bearing, then press (or have a machine shop press) the old bearing
out and the new bearing in.   But the bearing is expensive, and labor adds
further to the cost.

Your local NAPA auto parts store has a replacement pulley with bearing,
ready to bolt on, that costs less than the cost of just a replacement bearing
for your old pulley.   It is slightly larger in outside diameter, but
otherwise functions identically and allows the use of the same-size belt.

Part number is Duralast 231036.   Cost is about $13-15 if memory serves,
while just a replacement bearing for your old pulley is more like $25, and you
haven't started paying machine shop costs.

Fortunately it’s not too late. It literally takes minutes to install this new pulley. If you get your act together tomorrow morning, you can be ready to leave for the Fun Rally by noon.

Make it happen!  You owe me a free soda already for the thermostat and gasket I sent, and I want to collect! :)

Mike

Sent from my iPad