[DeTomaso] Techno question: Windsor engines and Pantera headers

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Jul 30 15:29:35 EDT 2023

Dear Mike,

            Hmmm.   Back out to the Institute......

                         Warmest regards, Chuck Engles

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Drew [mailto:mikeldrew at aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2023 2:21 PM
To: Charles Engles
Cc: Asa Jay Laughton; detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Techno question: Windsor engines and Pantera headers

Chuck,

Thanks for the photos. That looks for all the world like operator error.

You have the header flange cinched up tight against the head with the other, outside  fasteners. Then the flanged bolts won’t go in because the pipe is angled as it exits the header flange and interferes with the bolts. If you back the other fasteners off, you will be able to push the offending bolts through the flange holes at an angle, then straighten them to enter the threaded holes in the head.  You tighten all those bolts first, then later come back and attend to the more readily accessible fasteners.

I’ve always had to do that on my headers in my GT350. It’s a standard Windsor practice.

Mike

Sent from my iPad