[DeTomaso] Unusual Techno Question: frame holes

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Fri Jul 28 17:53:25 EDT 2023

Dear Forum,

             I am working on my brother's Pantera and pulled the drivetrain.
I began cleaning up the engine room and noticed several non-factory holes in
various frame rails and in the frame rails inside the rear fenders.

             They were from one of the three previous owners and certainly
have no function now.

              In my view, they permit water and moisture to enter the frame
rails.  My first thought was to seal the smaller ones with some black RTV
silicone and cover the bigger ones with duct tape covered with rubberized
undercoating spray.   Then I thought, perhaps all those various and sundry
holes might actually permit ventilation of those dark recesses and *might*
be left open.

              Alex's car will ultimately, I think, be garaged in
Conncecticut.

                Opinions?  Leave open or seal up?

                            Warmest regards, Chuck Engles