[DeTomaso] Removing Pilot Bearing - Partial Victory and Update

John Taphorn johnftaphorn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 20:01:03 EDT 2023

Mike

I've used an air driven hole saw. Harbor Freight has them pretty
inexpensive. You will not need to saw though the hole outer shell.
Eventually, you will weaken it enough that punching a sharp all at the cut
will break it and it will pop loose.
Easy peasy

Sometimes a needle bearing is a superior solution. Eg, when an alignment
mismatch occurs between crank and input shaft.

JT

   On Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 6:59 PM Charles Engles <[1]cengles at cox.net>