[DeTomaso] Flexalite fans on stock radiator

marshallgsmith marshallgsmith at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 31 13:07:43 EDT 2023

VERY CLEAN MARK!Great job!MSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: MARK CHARLTON <pantera01826 at rogers.com> Date: 8/31/23  8:43 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: Larry Finch <fresnofinches at aol.com> Cc: Email List Address For Posting <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Flexalite fans on stock radiator Both simple AND easy. Semi-lay-forward position with easily made side brackets. Fluidyne rad with Flex-A-Lite fan assembly mounted over the top of the rad (to avoid attaching through fins of course) with simple folded aluminum brackets. Very effective and looks somewhat stock in appearance to the casual observer.Mark Charltonpantera01826 at rogers.com> On Aug 30, 2023, at 6:20 PM, Larry Finch via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:> > All,> > A local owner continues to creep closer to resurrecting his long dormant Pantera.> > He had the original radiator gone through and it is good as it can be. He asked me recently about an upgraded radiator and fans. > > He has a rebuilt engine that is likely in the 400 hp range. He lives here in Fresno so he definitely needs good cooling capacity. > > I have suggested we try a pair of Flexalite fans to see if they are sufficient. If not, we can easily swap those fans on to a newer radiator.> > At this point, I am looking for some photos showing how others have solved the mounting issue onto a stock radiator.> > As always, additional insight and wisdom is readily accepted.> > Larry > > Sent from me using a magic, handheld electronic gizmo. > _______________________________________________> > > Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA> Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes> DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com> http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso> > To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.> > Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.
   VERY CLEAN MARK!

   Great job!

   pantera01826 at rogers.com