[DeTomaso] Has Anyone Recently Rebuilt the Headlight Motor Assembly?

Mike & Elizabeth mbefthomas2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 11:08:44 EDT 2023

You guys are a hoot . . .

As I responded to Larry's first reply, I think I figured it out.  Previous to disassembly of the headlight motor assembly, I had done the same to my two window regulators.  They also have the same mounting system as the headlight motor, and one of the springs from the manual window mech and one of the washers must have still been on my bench when I gathered parts from what I assumed was just the headlight assy.

I have already completed my retrofit of the three-bolt Aerostar motors to the window regulators (and am writing an addendum to the 4-bolt procedure on Mike Dailey's website) and so have 'archived' the old window motors and all fastening hardware.  I think I just have one of the window motor washers in my headlight parts bag.

Thanks for the entertainment.
Mike T.