[DeTomaso] Help identifying proper name for a part

Mike & Elizabeth mbefthomas2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 15:10:33 EDT 2023

I purchased a new brake booster and during mock-up of the pedal rack
assembly came across a potential issue.  If you look at the attached
picture, at the threaded ring/loop that connects the booster to the brake
pedal arm with the round pin, you should be able to see that the threaded
portion is not welded to the ring on-center.  When assembling the brake
pedal to the booster, it did bind slightly between the rings on the back of
the pedal arm.

First question: will this off-center connection cause any issues with the
alignment in the booster or wear of the pedal connection?  Second question,
what is this piece called?  I'd like to replace it with a properly centered
weld, and I'm sure McMaster-Carr carries something like this, but don't know
what to search on.  Also, I did try to exchange this piece with the one from
my original brake booster, but it is a different, slightly finer thread, so
no joy in just swapping.

Thanks!

Mike Thomas