[DeTomaso] Speedometer

jim.kosloskey jim.kosloskey at jim-kosloskey.com
Fri Sep 16 10:57:32 EDT 2022

Steve,No the odometer and trip odometer are both off approximately the percentage the speed indication is off. Additional information but perhaps not pertinent the trip odometer has not been able to be reset for some time.Thanks,JimSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: steve at snclocks.com Date: 9/16/22  9:59 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: 'Jim Kosloskey' <jim.kosloskey at jim-kosloskey.com>, detomaso at server.detomasolist.com Subject: RE: [DeTomaso] Speedometer Curious - if you drive a mile, does the odometer show a mile?Stephen-----Original Message-----From: DeTomaso <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com> On Behalf Of JimKosloskeySent: Friday, September 16, 2022 6:54 AMTo: detomaso at server.detomasolist.comSubject: [DeTomaso] SpeedometerAll, My speedometer reads around 42 when the car s going 55. The tires are theproper diameter and the Transaxle is the original. It had been refurbishedas needed during the restoration but no indication the speedo drive had beentouched. The needle is dead steady (it did need a cable replacement postrestoration). So now I need to confirm it has the correct speedo drive before I gofurther. Is there a method to detect externally if the drive is US orEuropean? Most particularly is there a way to tie the drive to the ZF bysome identifier? Or do I need to remove the drive and count teeth orsomething like that? If the drive seems correct, The last component is the Speedometer. Can theseSpeedometers be re-calibrated? Thanks, Jim Kosloskey 74 L #6949