[DeTomaso] ZF shifting problem

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Mon Sep 12 22:46:54 EDT 2022

All,

I agree—the fact that it has a new master and slave would have me suspecting it was inadequately bled, since the problem manifests when it heats up.  If the clutch was changed and a non-Pantera clutch was used I would also suspect that as a possible culprit.

Personally, I stay away from “gimmick” gear oils and instead rely on the type originally specified by the manufacturer when the gearbox was made—GL5. I use CRC/Sta-Lube 80W90 GL5 which I buy in 1-gallon jugs (a ZF uses about 7/8 of a gallon).   It’s dinosaur oil, non-synthetic, and always works perfectly.

Mike

Sent from my iPad