[DeTomaso] Disc Stuck?

Trip Owen lance730 at msn.com
Mon Sep 5 12:10:22 EDT 2022

I am not sure what the problem, but my GT5S has been sitting a few months, guilty as charged, and it has had some humidity, so I decide its time for a ride, and the reverse, and first gear are now grinding when I try to put it into gear.  Never had this problem before, and disc and clutch have very little miles on them.  IF the first thing to try is the disc is stuck, what do you suggest?  Also pedal is soft and spongy, if that is a word.
Trip Owen