[DeTomaso] Tesla Drivers???

Larry Stock larrys at panteraparts.com
Fri Sep 2 16:48:35 EDT 2022

I love the way you tell an otherwise boring story Julian.
Larry

On 9/2/22, 1:42 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Julian Kift" <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:

       Yes, I see that often now, there's a proliferation of Tesla's here in
       Reno with the Gigafactory close by.

       I drove my first Tesla about a month ago in Montreal, rental cars were
       in high demand, and all they had available was a Tesla 3. Once I
       figured out the card (key) swipe to make it work it was easy. I have to
       say that rush and pinning to the seat as you press the go pedal hard is
       exhilarating, but (and it's a big butt) everything else was just
       boring, there is literally nothing else to get excited about, it has no
       soul, it gets you from A to B in a utilitarian there's an 'app for
       that' kind of way. On the interaction side I found it annoying more
       than anything (in a kind of nagging wife way) and I ended up navigating
       using my iPhone for a more direct route.

       So, to answer your question, I think it's more of a case of the only
       pleasure one can derive from driving a Tesla is the instantaneous
       torque away from the lights, after that the battery efficiency warning
       light comes on and one is chastised into fictitiously saving the planet
       once more.

       Julian