[DeTomaso] To sleeve or not to sleeve

Dan dan at excaliburre.com
Fri Nov 4 19:13:32 EDT 2022

I'm having handful of 351C blocks sonic tested.

One is the Boss 351 that Dennis Quella built for "The Winged Warrior" in the
early '80's.

I'm wondering if it would be advisable to sleeve all 8 cylinders to bring it
back to original bore.

Another option is to sleeve just one or two holes and go with .030.

A 3rd option is to sleeve two cylinders on an original bore 2 bolt block.

Over the years I've received advice regarding sleeves from sleeving all 8
holes makes for a stronger block to sleeving a Cleveland can interfere with
the water jackets.

Does anyone have an opinion on sleeving a 351C?

Dan

Dan Courtney

La Jolla, CA

Dan at excaliburre.com <mailto:Dan at excaliburre.com>