[DeTomaso] Crank Pulley Needed???? Got one!

Larry Stock larrys at panteraparts.com
Thu Mar 31 12:57:17 EDT 2022

Hi Steve,
I probably have all this in stock, is it just the "fitted" belt that you need? My head is spinning
Larry

On 3/31/22, 9:35 AM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Steve Liebenow" <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of steven.liebenow at att.net> wrote:

       Hey all!
       OK, after many responses, and double checking my eyeballs several
       times....... the conclusion!   I have a funky "incorrectly machined"
       OEM crank pulley!!!     Instead of the "normal" one 12mm sheave and one
       11mm sheave, I have two 12mm sheaves! Honest!  My slide caliper cannot
       tell a lie!
       I also located a properly machined pulley for my car from a fellow
       local-ish club member! Thank-you!!!
       While this mismatch is not really an issue for regular stock
       configuration, it is a problem when trying to adapt the "bump reduction
       kit" from Amerisport which calls for a specific smaller 11mm width belt
       to connect the crank to the water pump.  Having the 12mm groove in the
       crank pulley frogs up that plan!  Options?  Smaller belt, by 5mm?   No
       idea what is available in that arena, as Google seems to have lost the
       ability to search for metric belt sizes rather than manufacturer part
       numbers.   Can't even find a steeenking interchange chart.....!
       Something has changed in the internet universe......  Oh wait, perhaps
       I need to upgrade to GOogle+++ for $199 a month to get FULL service
       internet..... I digress.
       Other option is running a belt tensioning kit from Ipsco and perhaps
       PPC Colorado.  You don't need much tension at all.....just enough to
       keep the belt from flapping around excessively.    We'll see how this
       belt in the kit fits once I get a proper pulley installed.
       I was informed that Ipsco carries "stock dimension" crank pulleys now,
       machined from billet alloy AND even has two different sheave widths!!!
       Imagine that!!!!   They have a matching water pump pulley also, as well
       as a slightly under sized version to allow the water pump to spin
       slightly faster, as did the normal config for water pump pulleys in
       standard Ford cars and trucks. Not a bad concept!
       ipsco.org/newsite/'product
       Thanks to all for the feedback!  Good stuff!
       Cheers!
       Steve