[DeTomaso] Rust in Tank

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 21:31:05 EDT 2022

Yep, I know about all that.

I was mostly just letting everyone know that unless you've taken care of it, you probably have a lot of rust in your tank too.

I was surprised by how much, though.

On 3/20/22, 3:55 PM, "randy at oldboat.net" <randy at oldboat.net> wrote:

    One other option is 30% vinegar.  Farm supply stores and Amazon have it.  Same instructions although the heat can be anything over 65 F.  One of the auto blogs suggested added salt to the vinegar, I haven't needed to do that, so take it with a grain of, well, you know what.

    Works great on garden tools and any other small parts that need rust removal.