[DeTomaso] flushing/cleaning a fuel tank in the car

Mike & Elizabeth mbefthomas2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 12:29:05 EST 2022

I've posted previously that we have a local member who passed away five
years ago and his wife is working with us to get the car running after five
years of sitting.

I've not hooked up a battery to the car yet to check the fuel gage but know
that we don't want to draw from that to try to start the car.  Not sure what
is in the tank but expecting the worst figure there may be some surface rust
to deal with.  Question, can a fuel tank be effectively refurbished while
still in the car?

Thanks

Mike Thomas

Panteras Northwest