[DeTomaso] Installing Rear Quarter Windows

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 08:25:34 EDT 2022

Hi Corey,

They should go in fairly easily.

Assemble everything - glass, stainless, gasket.
I usually use a large gauge wire inserted in the gasket - the channel that needs to overlap the metal on the car.  Sorry - I didn’t explain that very well.  A small rope works too.
I also usually spray a fair amount of WD-40 on the gasket and the metal lip on the car.  It installs easier with lubrication.
Then insert the window with the wire on the inside, and slowly pull the wire through the inside.
Start with the hardest to reach part - the lowest corner, pull slowly, and be careful around the corners.  The wire can rip the gasket.
Every once in a while, make sure the window is centered by pushing from the outside.  You shouldn't have to push very hard.

Here's a youtube on a Bronco:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keNGeBKOduM