[DeTomaso] Brake master plumbing

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Wed Jul 20 13:27:52 EDT 2022

Dual circuit master cylinders are designed to have the rear piston- the one closest to the pushrod on the brake pedal- directly connected for quick response. The forward piston is actuated only by movement of the rear piston, with a small gap between them. So the more important front brakes are most quickly activated by the rearmost master cylinder port. And in most cases, the rearmost reservoir is larger in volume as befits the usually-larger front brake pistons which need more fluid. All logical but I would at least check that no proportioning was needed for the 6-piston rear brakes, especially since everything except the hard lines seems to have been changed. Maybe the builder got lucky?