[DeTomaso] Pantera Electronics Tesla Parking Brakes

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 12 19:08:48 EST 2022

You can get the calipers from Autobahn Dismantling in CA. http://www.autobahnparts.com/partcategories/tesla-parts/brakes

I recall reading that many of the Tesla calipers on eBay were from a prior recall and if I remember corretly had suspect or poor-quality wiring. That said as many OEM's are using electronic e-brakes now, why are Tesla calipers still the preferred option, or is it just that Jon's system was designed around those? Even Wilwood has an aftermarket electronic e-brake caliper available now.

Julian
Years ago, a mechanic removed my parking brake assembly to gain access to the oil pan. Ever since it was welded back on (probably by a gorilla), it’s never worked properly. One option I’ve been looking at Jon Haas’ Tesla electric parking brake conversion. Does anyone have any feedback on how well it works? I haven’t been able to find decent used Tesla e-brake calipers on eBay for a while. Any recommendations for another source (other than buying a Model Y and pulling the parking brakes)?

Thanks!

Scott

Sent from my iPhone

   use the links above.