[DeTomaso] Intake manifold

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 10:29:25 EST 2022

> What are pros and cons between Edelrock performer and Weiand
accelerator?Engine is stock--4V heads and edelbrock carburetor.

The dual plane Edelbrock Performer and the single plane Weiand Xcelerator
are very different designs for different applications.  The Performer suits
a more stock engine and the Xcelerator suits a more modified engine (high
compression, cam with more overlap and better exhaust).  The Performer will
also fit under the stock engine screen with the stock air cleaner.  The
Xcelerator is taller and may just fit with a drop base and shorter (2 1/4")
filter element but Weiand made two versions and one is a bit taller than
the other.  An Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap is better than both of them
but is quite tall.  In a properly matched combination, the Performer does
pretty well up to 400 HP or so as in this build we did for Lori Drew:

 http://www.the351cforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=656

Dan Jones

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 9:15 AM Asa Jay Laughton via DeTomaso <

-------------- next part --------------
   > What are pros and cons between Edelrock performer and Weiand
   accelerator?Engine is stock--4V heads and edelbrock carburetor.
   The dual plane Edelbrock Performer and the single plane Weiand
   Xcelerator are very different designs for different applications.A  The
   Performer suits a more stock engine and the Xcelerator suits a more
   modified engine (high compression, cam with more overlap and better
   exhaust).A  The Performer will also fit under the stock engine screen
   with the stock air cleaner.A  The Xcelerator is taller and may just fit
   with a drop base and shorter (2 1/4") filter element but Weiand made
   two versions and one is a bit taller than the other.A  An Edelbrock
   Performer RPM Air Gap is better than both of them but is quite tall.A
   A [1]http://www.the351cforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=656
   Dan Jones
   On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 9:15 AM Asa Jay Laughton via DeTomaso

     A  A I have a Weiand Xcellerator single plane in the garage.
     A [1][3]https://teampanteraracing.com/gallery3/asajay/pantera/intake
     s/Weiand
     A  A It's supposed to be pretty good.A  See more information here:
     A  A [2][4]https://asajay.com/pantera/intakes.htm
     A  A If you want it, it's free to you.A  I will box it up and ship
     it to you
     A  A for free.
     A  A AsaA  Jay
     A  A Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks
     A  A  A On Jan 7, 2022, at 07:01, Peter Menyhart
     <[5]pmenyhart at msn.com> wrote:
     A  A  A Hi All,
     A  A  A my engine is ready at the machine shop.For some reason I
     have to buy
     A  A a
     A  A  A new manifold.What is the opinion of the group,What are pros
     and cons
     A  A  A between Edelrock performer and Weiand accelerator?Engine is
     stock--4V
     A  A  A heads and edelbrock carburetor. Thanks in advance for your
     input.
     A  A  A Peter
     A  A  A check out our website at:A  A [1][6]www.whitehorseranch.com
     A  A References
     A  A  A 1. [7]http://www.whitehorseranch.com/
     A  A _______________________________________________
     A  A Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA
     A  A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
     A  A DeTomaso mailing list
     A  A [8]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
     A  A To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
     etc.)
     A  A use the links above.
     A  A Members who post to this list grant license to the list to
     forward any
     A  A message posted here to all past, current, or future members of
     the
     A  A list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
     archive
     A  A or approve the archiving of list messages.