[DeTomaso] Full Fuel Tank???

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Thu Feb 24 17:15:31 EST 2022

I might point out that most gas powered autos on the road today can have a filler hose anywhere from several inches to a few feet between where you put the fill nozzle and the gas tank itself.  I would postulate that there are a whole lot of cars driving around with fuel in the hose immediately after filling; and probably for several miles.

Imagine up to a gallon of gas in a long hose on some cars.

On my L-model Pantera, one of the first things to get replaced was that short piece of filler hose because it was cracked and would leak on fill up.  Regardless of overfilling, it would begin leaking prior to the nozzle shutting off.  -That- posed a real danger just to fill up the tank even if all I needed to do was put in a few gallons to get it up to a quarter tank, because the nozzle would -not- go in far enough to reach past the end of the rubber hose.

I’m not sure what is driving the question, but yes, you can overfill the tank on a Pantera though most folks won’t by following the advice to stop at one click (or maybe 2 :) )

Asa Jay

Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks