[DeTomaso] NPC - But affects anyone selling parts!

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 13 23:35:07 EST 2022

Charlie,

I think most US financial institutions will be under the same umbrella, in reporting everything over $600 in transactions. PayPal and eBay etc. are now obligated to send you a 1099-K for sales/receivables over $600 for the tax year and the burden will be on the individual to show the item was purchased and sold at a loss or payment was for other means.

PayPal just drives me nuts as it is so hard to actually get ahold of anyone for resolution. My Driver's license is clearly a jpg file at half the allowable 5MB size and yet PayPal won't recognize it to upload, I sometimes have to wonder whether it is incompetence or a cunning plot to retain money for longer periods. What each transaction is for is none of their business and a step too far IMO, all they need do is provide a detail of annual transactions and the rest is between me and the IRS.

My bank takes Zelle now, I can pay anyone via email or phone #, but there is a daily and weekly limit that isn't particularly high for large purchases. There are other payment methods like Venmo and Square etc., but I'm not familiar with them.

Julian