[DeTomaso] Decklid Corner Bumpers

Mike Becker mikebecker679 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 22:12:19 EDT 2022

I was trying to solve this same problem a while back too. I found what seemed like a perfect mounting mechanism (bracket), but after I purchased a couple of samples they turned out to be a little too big and I subsequently got distracted on other things 😉. I haven't done any further research lately. Anyhow, the bracket is referred to as a "Side Beam Connector". They seem to be normally used for mounting threaded rod to support cabling, conduit or other things that might be suspended from a ceiling.  Once the right size is found, all you need is a standard rubber bumper that you should be able to easily attach to the pre-threaded hole in the bracket (or drill out the threads to fit your bumper. Check out the brackets you'll see with this Good search ("side beam rod connector"):

https://www.google.com/search?q=side+beam+rod+connector <https://www.google.com/search?q=side+beam+rod+connector&sxsrf=ALiCzsZY_EaOXoAmc47t1MilKs906rOWQQ%3A1661652158768&ei=vswKY-bELpmhkPIPwceggA4&ved=0ahUKEwjmm6fVuOj5AhWZEEQIHcEjCOAQ4dUDCA4&uact=5&oq=side+beam+rod+connector&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQgAEIAEMgQIABAeMgYIABAeEAUyBQgAEIYDMgUIABCGAzoHCAAQRxCwAzoECCEQCjoECAAQDToGCAAQHhANOggIABAeEA0QBUoECEEYAEoECEYYAFD2FliHX2CmYmgBcAF4AIABhQGIAbwFkgEDMi40mAEAoAEByAEIwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz> &sxsrf=ALiCzsZY_EaOXoAmc47t1MilKs906rOWQQ%3A1661652158768&ei=vswKY-bELpmhkPIPwceggA4&ved=0ahUKEwjmm6fVuOj5AhWZEEQIHcEjCOAQ4dUDCA4&uact=5&oq=side+beam+rod+connector&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQgAEIAEMgQIABAeMgYIABAeEAUyBQgAEIYDMgUIABCGAzoHCAAQRxCwAzoECCEQCjoECAAQDToGCAAQHhANOggIABAeEA0QBUoECEEYAEoECEYYAFD2FliHX2CmYmgBcAF4AIABhQGIAbwFkgEDMi40mAEAoAEByAEIwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz

mike