[DeTomaso] High torque gear reduction starter

dnunn at telus.net dnunn at telus.net
Thu Apr 28 12:46:58 EDT 2022

Without a doubt, the best starter motor money can buy is a Meziere.
It will turn your motor over 35% to 40% faster than any other gear reduction
starter. Looks like a work of art too!
I had CSR's best gear reduction starter, which turned my motor over at about
115 rpm. I switched to a Meziere, which now turns my motor over at about 158
rpm; a big difference. If you're wondering how I know what my cranking speed
is, my Holley EFI ECU tells me.
It's physically a bit longer than my CSR but the motor is smaller in
diameter.
The downside is, naturally, cost; $593.32 at Summit. Overkill? Absolutely!

https://www.meziere.com/Products/Starters/Completes-and-Kits/Ford.aspx