[DeTomaso] High torque gear reduction starter

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Thu Apr 28 01:41:24 EDT 2022

Steve,

Zillions of us have used the DB Electrical starter:

https://www.dbelectrical.com/products/ford-f-truck-bronco-4-9l-300-6cyl-new-starter-1965-1996-3223-410-14033.html

Although here it’s only listed for truck and van applications, on their EBay store they list the same starter for all 302 and 351C/W manual transmission applications:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134040504816?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=AuKzvzH5RQq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=yOodP4aXT3u&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

It’s best to call them. They offer a free wiring kit to adapt this to our older cars, but only if you ask for it:

https://www.dbelectrical.com/products/new-pmgr-wiring-changeover-kit-for-ford.html

It’s just a wire with a ring germinal on one end and a female spade on the other. Here they are charging for it but tell them it’s normally free with the starter—it used to be anyway.

Mike

Sent from my iPad