[DeTomaso] GM 12SI Alternator Connection ???

Steve Liebenow steven.liebenow at att.net
Wed Apr 6 19:23:45 EDT 2022

Guys,
Stumbling thru this "very easy" conversion......with absolutely no instructions other than for mounting the new AC pump/alt bracket.     Everything after that is free?   Free to find it wherever you can.......   I'll stop here for the moment.
Back history: I am removing a 130Amp Ford 3G alternator and installing a 97A GM 12si version.   No, I do not need all the amperage.......no EFI, no big stereo.....

SO, down to the two terminals on the alternator.  #1 and #2.    Bat+ is pretty evident.......duh!
This is what I can glean from Google, but who knows how good their search is these days....since I'm not looking to buy anything.....grrrrr.....  I have this:

Terminal #1 appears to be for the dash lamp and will connect to the Blue/Black(Stripe) wire formerly on the voltage regulator term "I" and this needs to be "Key ON" not 100% of the time or it will drain your battery......albeit slowly.

Terminal #2 is the Voltage Sense and can be connected 100% of the time (or Key ON only if you like) which I believe is a Yellow wire, terminal "A" from the old harness.
Regulator Terminals  S (Green/Red stripe) & F (Orange) are no longer used. (internal stator windings and control)
If anyone can give me a thumbs up on this, it would come in handy about now.
Now I just need to find the damned new pigtail connector that I bought a couple of days back, before I started tearing my car apart!!!    It's around here somewhere......  and I'm rearranging components on my starter solenoid/coil panel to boot.  Need new room for heater hose support and my inline rust filter!  I don't want my heater hoses laying on the alternator!
Thanks in advance!
Steve