[DeTomaso] Help installing Fast XFI sequential fuel injection and FAST

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 15:45:59 EDT 2022

Thanks to everyone that contributed ideas on how to get my FAST XFI/XIM
system running. Turns out the XIM box was bad - no signal to some coils.
Anyway, the journey leading to that finding was more important, thanks to
what you all provided.

Turns out that the company that owns FAST, Comp Cams was bought by
Edelbrock in the 90's. Since they already had an FI to sell, they
discontinued the FAST system, cut back all further development and cut the
support. Last enhancement was XFI 2.05 in the mid 90s. XFI works pretty
good but the XIM timing system is another story. At least with my
configuration. Now I understand why they never called us back.

Unfortunately, no one really told us that FAST was discontinued and they
continued(and continue) to sell off the inventory. We bought based on good
FAST XFI references not knowing this.

So, rather than continue to spend good money after bad, we've ripped out
the FAST XFI and XIM systems and installed a Holley Sniper temporarily to
get me to Phoenix for the Fun Rally.  When I get home, we'll readdress the
project and probably consider a Holley system that supports sequential
multiport FI.

Once again, thanks for the input. And a special shout out to Rich Nedbal,
fastmanefi.com, rnedbalefi at outlook.com. A couple of you recommended him and
he was most generous with his expertise in helping us.

Jeff
6559