[DeTomaso] The Dead Battery Dilemma

Scott Mead Photography scott at scottmeadphotography.com
Tue Sep 28 18:05:27 EDT 2021

Very interesting story, which touches on the main issue I addressed back in 1999 when I was working for Edmunds.com (the Company actually leased one of the first Insights that hit SoCal for a year). The manufacturers and customers are so laser-focused on fuel economy, reduced emissions and health of the Planet, that they completely ignore the costs (monetarily and environmental) “cradle to grave.” That’s from the time the first shovel of dirt is mined for the Lithium, through the complete recycling/disposal of the vehicle.

On the overall scheme, EVs aren't as “green” as politicians make them out to be.

Sent from my iPhone