[DeTomaso] Stainless V Non-stainless brake lines

johnmckee johnmckee at cox.net
Sat Oct 30 02:08:19 EDT 2021

I used NiCopp nickel/ copper for brake and clutch line.https://agscompany.com/product-category/brake-fuel-transmission-lines/nicopp-nickel-copper/JohnSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: mark skwarek via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> Date: 10/29/21  8:07 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: Mike & Elizabeth <mbefthomas2 at gmail.com>, Mike Drew <mikeldrew at aol.com> Cc: List DeTomaso Forum <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Stainless V Non-stainless brake lines  I've found copper/.nickel brake line tubing very easy to work  with. Doesn't corrode and is easy to bend. Mark    On Friday, October 29, 2021, 09:35:37 PM EDT, Mike Drew via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:    Mike,If you want stainless, buy a pre-bent kit from a Pantera vendor, or Classic Tube. If you are going the DIY route do yourself a favor and stick with steel…..MikeSent from my iPad> On Oct 29, 2021, at 17:24, Mike & Elizabeth <mbefthomas2 at gmail.com> wrote:> >   I'll be running new brake lines for 6328 when I go to put her back>  together and I'm debating whether to go to stainless brake lines or>  stay with the regular steel lines.  I know stainless is much more>  difficult to work with but won't rust.  I did not find any noticeable>  rust on my old lines that came on the car so doubt replacing them with>  new regular steel lines would result in a problem, and would be much>  easier to bend and flare.  I do plan to do the work myself.> > >  Thanks> >  Mike Thomas> >  Panteras Northwest> _______________________________________________> > > Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA> Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes> DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com> http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso> > To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.> > Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages._______________________________________________Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCAPosted emails must not exceed 1.5 MegabytesDeTomaso mailing listDeTomaso at server.detomasolist.comhttp://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomasoTo manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.
-------------- next part --------------
   I used NiCopp nickel/ copper for brake and clutch line.

   https://agscompany.com/product-category/brake-fuel-transmission-lines/n
   icopp-nickel-copper/

   John

   I've found copper/.nickel brake line tubing very easy to work  with.
   Doesn't corrode and is easy to bend.
   Mark
       On Friday, October 29, 2021, 09:35:37 PM EDT, Mike Drew via
   If you want stainless, buy a pre-bent kit from a Pantera vendor, or
   Classic Tube. If you are going the DIY route do yourself a favor and
   stick with steel.....
   Mike
   Sent from my iPad
   > On Oct 29, 2021, at 17:24, Mike & Elizabeth <mbefthomas2 at gmail.com>
   wrote:

   >   I'll be running new brake lines for 6328 when I go to put her back
   >  together and I'm debating whether to go to stainless brake lines or
   >  stay with the regular steel lines.  I know stainless is much more
   >  difficult to work with but won't rust.  I did not find any
   noticeable
   >  rust on my old lines that came on the car so doubt replacing them
   with
   >  new regular steel lines would result in a problem, and would be much
   >  easier to bend and flare.  I do plan to do the work myself.
   >

   >  Thanks
   >
   >  Mike Thomas
   >
   >  Panteras Northwest

   use the links above.