[DeTomaso] Pantera down

Steve Lisa stevelisa at patentit.com
Wed Oct 27 17:10:39 EDT 2021

I am not sure....we had a spike in oil pressure that made us think it was a
rod bearing...but it was only a few seconds then stabilized for a few
laps.  Then, we blew up next session with a rod cap sticking out the pan.
So, we thing we started with a main going bad that vibrated the rod end
bolt out.  In the meantime, the  Panoz turned it's fasted lap yet at
Daytona 158.3 with 178 top speed.  So we are focused in it now.  We are
just going to wait til we get home to diagnose the issue with Pantera.

Frankly, we had a crap motor builder for a while, and this Clevor bottom
end was built by him.  We had it "looked at" by our current motor builder
while our true Cleveland race motor was getting built, and he freshened the
top end but not the bottom which he held his nose for.  So this is the last
of our crap from that old builder, and it went out with a bang.

I am pissed , but that is racing and we have another car to focus on and a
reason to get the proper Cleveland and exhaust in.

By the way, the Pantera was a crowd pleaser and handling quite well.  What
a shame.

-------------- next part --------------
   I am not sure....we had a spike in oil pressure that made us think it
   was a rod bearing...but it was only a few seconds then stabilized for a
   few laps.A  Then, we blew up next session with a rod cap sticking out
   the pan. So, we thing we started with a main going bad that vibrated
   the rod end bolt out.A  In the meantime, theA  Panoz turned it's fasted
   lap yet at Daytona 158.3 with 178 top speed.A  So we are focused in it
   now.A  We are just going to wait til we get home to diagnose the issue
   with Pantera.
   Frankly, we had a crap motor builder for a while, and this Clevor
   bottom end was built by him.A  We had it "looked at" by our current
   motor builder while our true Cleveland race motor was getting built,
   and he freshened the top end but not the bottom which he held his nose
   for.A  So this is the last of our crap from that old builder, and it
   went out with a bang.A
   I am pissed , but that is racing and we have another car to focus on
   and a reason to get the proper Cleveland and exhaust in.A A
   By the way, the Pantera was a crowd pleaser and handling quite well.A
   What a shame.

   On Wed, Oct 27, 2021, 16:49 Larry Stock <[1]larrys at panteraparts.com>