[DeTomaso] original shock color

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Sun Oct 24 01:00:00 EDT 2021

Look closely at the black ones. Black shocks made by Koni were used on '71s and can be rebuilt and refilled. They have adjustable hydraulic damping, done by collapsing the shock all the way to engage probes on the end, and twisting. The upper shock eye must first be removed by pushing a roll pin through, or the shock will not collapse far enough.  It may be someone painted two and you really have 4 all the same.

  I have two blue ariston shocks with tags on them.
  I have two black ariston shocks with tags on them.
  Do I paint them all blue?
  thanks Rich

   use the links above.