[DeTomaso] [Detomaso]What good is a cracked upright?

richard boschert theemonkey at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 16 14:12:33 EDT 2021

I talked to a buddy of mine who is a master welder,and he says it can be safely welded.The whole casting needs to be brought up to 600 degrees to do it though.Need a good arc welder,and a fiberglass blanket to control the cooling down to prevent stress.
The question is,is it worth welding?I believe stock good uprights are available.
I would like it though if possible.Ive got a buddy who is a fabricator and he would use it as a reference for making a chrome moly tube upright.
Richard