[DeTomaso] 427 SOHC On BaT - Who wants to try dropping this in their Pantera . . . ?

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 16:23:42 EDT 2021

One of the best engines ever.  I like the you tubes of Jon Kaase where he talks about it.

Working on it would be a real pain in a Pantera.  It's 3-4 inches longer - for the timing chains/cover.

The engine on BAT has a dual plane 2x4, which is about $2,500 by itself.  Heads are iron.

Love that engine.  There are several on display at the Don Garlits museum, along with tons of Hemis, and a few Boss 429s.