[DeTomaso] Blown clutch

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 21:10:55 EDT 2021

Used matching v belts over each transaxle stub to a cherry picker will make easy way to support the trans.

    On Monday, October 11, 2021, 6:49:54 PM CDT, Steven Edwards <gsedwards at cox.net> wrote:

   We did a clutch removal and install in 4 hours on a Pantera. A slightly
  modified race car at the track.

  It is just like the others have said. Loosen the motor mounts, remove
  the two transaxle bolts. Move the A/C condenser in the rear to one
  side.

  Depending on the tail pipes, some you can leave, others disconnect at
  the collector. Use a small board and a bottle jack, jack the engine, at
  the rear of the oil pan, so the tabs clear the body mount. Take out the
  bolts that are in the bell housing, be sure to remove the bottom ones.
  Have done that before. I now use a engine hoist and a chain to remove
  the transaxle.

  Good luck

  Steven Edwards