[DeTomaso] Blown clutch

Steven Edwards gsedwards at cox.net
Mon Oct 11 19:49:50 EDT 2021

We did a clutch removal and install in 4 hours on a Pantera. A slightly modified race car at the track.
It is just like the others have said. Loosen the motor mounts, remove the two transaxle bolts. Move the A/C condenser in the rear to one side.
Depending on the tail pipes, some you can leave, others disconnect at the collector. Use a small board and a bottle jack, jack the engine, at the rear of the oil pan, so the tabs clear the body mount. Take out the bolts that are in the bell housing, be sure to remove the bottom ones. Have done that before. I now use a engine hoist and a chain to remove the transaxle.
Good luck

Steven Edwards