[DeTomaso] Anyone Using an In-Tank Fuel Pump for an EFI?

Doug Braun doug351c at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 13:20:51 EDT 2021

I chose to tap the gas tank's drain hole to a larger ¾-14NPT pipe taper thread.  The drain seat in the tank tapped very well due to the metal not being very hard.  I borrowed this idea from Jeff Kimball who used this same tank conversion technique for his twin-turbo Pantera.  Next I installed a (3/4" NPT male x 1/2" NPT female) Pipe Bushing (NAPA-Weatherhead #3220x12x8) into the newly tapped tank hole and then a  Brass (1/2' NPT male x 1/2" NPT female) Pipe Elbow onto that.  This gets you converted to fractional fittings, keeps the fuel plumbing close to tank bottom for max ground clearance, and gives you a healthy 1/2" ID fuel feed capability.

Doug Braun
Blue 73L #5505