[DeTomaso] Fascinating Ford memo

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Tue Oct 5 16:45:38 EDT 2021

Hi guys,

A few weeks ago Matt Stone was on a road trip and dropped off his entire archive of De Tomaso documentation and literature at my house. POCA was in the midst of negotiating its purchase and the premise was that it would reside with me, as the POCA historian. However Scott Mead has the ability to professionally scan and digitize the whole thing, so it was decided that it would go to him (ironically Matt and Scott live just miles apart and I am 400 miles north). He archive is too precious to trust to shipping, so I will have to hand carry it down there in the upcoming weeks. In the meantime I had a thumb through it and found a fascinating internal Ford memo.

The Ford parts book lays out the serial number breakdown for each model year, thusly: