[DeTomaso] ZF Temp

Larry Stock larrys at panteraparts.com
Sat Oct 2 15:41:54 EDT 2021

I never had a problem ai the Silver State running in the 150 class with my ZF oil Temperature, but at the old Pony Express I cooked my Organic ZF oil in running 150 group with a top speed of 167. The Highway 305 Pony Express route has a little more terrain on that run from Battle Mountain to Austin NV. I typically ran a 3.77 with a .65 fifth, but I also ran a 3.2 ratio on a few runs . After cooking my Organic ZF oil I switched to the Red Line synthetic oil for a little more upper temperature range. The organic Oils start to breaking down about 280 degrees while the Redline Synthetic goes to 300 degrees F and then falls apart.
Larry Stock