[DeTomaso] What muffler manufacture is this?

Scott Mead Photography scott at scottmeadphotography.com
Tue Nov 30 00:25:56 EST 2021

Robert,

Those look like Flowmaster 10 mufflers. I installed a set of these on my car several years ago when I lived on Maui. They’re about the same size of the Ansa GTS mufflers, but chambered, so there’s hardly any noise reduction. I purchased a set of slip-on tips from Hall Pantera and welded them on. The finished exhaust look pretty close to stock mufflers.

Honestly, they’re loud and resonate more than the Ansas at 3,000 RPM. That said, I do wear hearing protection when I’m on the freeway, but the sound at idle and running through the gears is intoxicating. You can hear them here: https://youtu.be/KMViyA7zTCM.

Here’s a couple quick shots of the mufflers on the car.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone