[DeTomaso] Firewall bolts

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Sat Nov 6 13:46:58 EDT 2021

Ooh, be very careful with that.

One of the last jobs the guy working on my car did back in 1993 was to try to retap the holes. Apparently he lost the bolts and figured it would be easier to just retap the holes for a coarse thread bolt.

Wrong.

The welded nut broke free from the backing plate and left the tap and the nut spinning freely. It was a huge nightmare to resolve.

So be VERY careful there.

Mike

Sent from my iPad