[DeTomaso] Firewall bolts

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Fri Nov 5 22:42:38 EDT 2021

Glen,

Both the Ford and De Tomaso parts books just say ‘bolt’ which is not helpful.

In fact, they are Klippan Bolts, which is a unique hybrid design used exclusively in automotive seat belts. They use a 17mm bolt head but the thread pitch is 7/16-20.

Actually I think they are M11x1.25.  A 7/16-20 measures 11.1125 instead of 11.0000, close enough!  You will never find an actual M11 bolt anywhere.

Mike

Sent from my iPad