[DeTomaso] Dropped Battery Box - No cut in Front Trunk?

Richard Greenblum richard at richardgreenblum.com
Fri May 21 11:18:11 EDT 2021

Decades ago, before all the info available on this incredible source, I had
one issue after another with the electrical system, including poor starting.
I checked the cables, especially the ground, but nothing seemed to work.  I
tried different batteries and replaced the starter with a marine unit that
weighed as much as the car.  It was very powerful, but craved electrons.  I
also owned an Italian '71 pushbutton Pantera which had the battery located
where Dave mentioned, opposite the fuel tank, which put it exactly where it
was in my '69 Mustang, to the right of and next to the engine with short
cables.  So I moved mine to that location and all of my starting issues
disappeared.  I have no regrets.  I left the OE cable to the front trunk
intact and connected to the battery.  I've had to charge or jump my battery
twice.  Opened the front trunk and used the positive cable and the ground
stud with no issues (battery charger and jumper cables), so I figure I have
the best of both worlds.  Of course, if you prefer the weight moved to the
front, I lose that benefit.

Yes, also decades ago, I ditched the boat anchor starter for a mini
hi-torque.

Richard
Austin, TX