[DeTomaso] Hens Teeth on Ebay - Pre-L Dash

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jun 27 19:57:22 EDT 2021

Mike,

That’s a late pre-L or early L dash. Notable for the two thin pieces of sheetmetal which are screwed to the dash to prevent the vinyl trim from lifting. (They were painted black but the paint has chipped off these for some reason). This was a chronic problem with Pre-L dashboards with only two defroster vents (1971 cars had three vents and the center one kept the vinyl in place).

Ford issued these parts as a retainer kit in June, 1972 and they were featured in TSB #5. Owners of early 1972 cars could have their dashboards retrofitted with these parts for free by the dealer, and they were incorporated in the production line from that date forward.