[DeTomaso] Fwd: 1971 DeTomaso Pantera | R320 | Monterey 2021

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 27 17:50:58 EDT 2021

That is hard to look at, but a poignant reminder to all to use end stops and wheels chocks or tie-downs whenever you have the car elevated on a four-post lift or liftgate and even makes sense when parked on an incline for any length of time.

The headlights not fully closed and open hood in the photos might lead some to believe the front is damaged beyond the obvious lower left front fender, but I'm not sure it is. Rear valance and rear fenders damage for the most part, with little inner fender impact buy the look of it. As you say potentially a great project for someone and I can't fathom why it wasn't repaired prior to sale.  listed as 'star' car still, but more importantly at 'no reserve' I will have to take a closer look when in Monterey come August!

The registry photos at Bonhams have the black bumpers, so assume taken prior to the CA owner's acquisition and Chick lists it as a FL car, so perhaps already sold on by your PCNC member.

Julian