[DeTomaso] Techno question: Koni shock bump stops

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Jun 27 08:55:50 EDT 2021

Dear Frank,

               You wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Lisi [mailto:fjlisi at mediacombb.net]
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2021 1:15 PM
To: Charles Engles; detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Techno question: Koni shock bump stops

Hi Chuck,

What a coincidence, I just started attempting to resolve my Konis'  deteriorated crumbling bump stops.  I found the replacement part on Amazon, (of all places) sold by a third party seller called Performance Guarantee (I believe they only sell through Amazon I could not find their direct web site)
$$$$  Indeed a coincidence. My Koni shocks are about 21 years old.  I am curious how old your shocks are.

The part number is Koni 71 34 42 000 0, two bump stops for $25.63. That said I am not sure this is the exact replacement part as my existing stops are deteriorated and any number indications are long gone.  Once I receive the parts I will let you know.

BTW the thought of needing to disassemble and reassemble all four shocks does not excite me.  I am willing to send them to a service to have the replacements installed, however I have not begun that search.
$$$$$    Great minds think alike.  Plan A is to pull them and take them to some local pros to change out the bumpstops.  Plan B is to send them off.

The Koni web site is https://www.koni-na.com/en-US/NorthAmerica/Products/Accessories/BumpRubbers/
$$$$$   Hmmm.  Looking at young athletic bump stops makes me realize how far mine have worn out.

Let me know what you find.

                      Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles

All the Best

Frank Lisi