[DeTomaso] The Bushing Debate - Stock v Polly

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 10:42:17 EDT 2021

I have poly bushings everywhere, and they don’t squeak.

The sway bar bushings used to squeak - loudly.  I tried grease, which didn't work.  I removed the coating from the sway bar where the poly bushings came in contact with the bar.  That did the trick.

I don't recall if they are powder coated or if it's just heavy paint, but poly bushings on that coating didn't work at all.

I didn't have to do anything with the sphere ball bushings.