[DeTomaso] 3584 history

Matt Wells nwpantera at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 19:00:20 EDT 2021

I'm trying to track down more of 3584's history.
I bought the car in 1999 and I have receipts from the previous owner, Dr.
Thomas Holeman who resided in the Portland area. He had the car on
consignment at a Porsche dealer east of Portland where I purchased it.
The oldest receipt references having work done at George Dimoff's Garage in
Seattle in 1987. I'm not certain the car was actually in George's garage
but it shows he did at least order parts for Dr. Holeman.
Most receipts show work mostly performed at Thomason Ford near Portland and
very close to his home, which makes sense. I checked and it's now a Toyota
dealership.
I have no other ownership history prior to 1987.
The Marti report shows that it was a fleet car for Ford with port of call
in Maryland and shipped to Ford headquarters in Tenn.
I tried calling Dr. Holeman at the phone # given to me when I bought the
car but it has since been disconnected.
My google search was came up empty.
At a NW dyno day event sometime around 2001 or so I did happen to run into
the guy who said he painted over the original yellow with the present gun
metal grey back in the early 80's. I remember him saying he had a small
paint shop in Port Orchard which is a small town west of Seattle on the
Olympic peninsula.
How did it get there? I wish now that I had asked him more questions!
But ownership of the 3584 in the 15 years between 1972 in Tennessee and
1987 in Portland is basically a mystery.
Anyone have any suggestions?
I'm considering contacting the respective licensing agencies in
Washington,Oregon and Tennessee.
I believe you have to make a written request for any previous ownership
licensing of a vehicle.
Do they even keep records from 1972? Has any one had experience or success
with that?
The search goes on and any knowledge of my car or advice is appreciated.
thanks!
Matt
THPNMC03584