[DeTomaso] Steve Lisa - Road America

Steve Lisa stevelisa at patentit.com
Sun Jul 18 20:56:04 EDT 2021

Quick update....Tony won in class in the Pantera.  (Jim, the fast Jag
broke.) Tony was way ahead of third place in class.  He finished 10th out
of 27 overall.

The Pantera was flawless... Not a drop of oil, no overheating, great tire
wear, but likely dead shocks.  It needs new shocks all the way around. We
be also want to swap in the Quaiffe for the ZF.

I finished second in class, 7th out of 30- something overall in the DP02
Prototype, way ahead of third but way behind first.

The guys/Pantera are on their way home as am I, and we will get a more
detailed update later in the week.

On Sat, Jul 17, 2021, 11:39 PM Asa Jay Laughton via DeTomaso <

> [...]
>    last few years.A  We would not be racing without POCA.
>    Steve.
>
>    On Sat, Jul 17, 2021, 7:00 PM Jim Kosloskey
>    [3]<[1]jim.kosloskey at jim-kosloskey.com> wrote:
>
>      A  A Today Steve's Pantera qualified with Son Tony at the wheel.
>      Steve was
>      A  A driving a prototype car and qualified that.
>      A  A Just like all the other days, a lot of the public including
>      many
>      A  A Pantera Owners (thanks owners for supporting Steve and his
>      effort)
>      A  A stopped by the paddock. Steve had wonderful conversations with
>      everyone
>      A  A (he just loves interacting with people). All of the reactions
>      were
>      A  A really positive and supportive. A lot of interesting stories
>      overheard
>      A  A by yours truly.
>      A  A I have to head back home tomorrow so unfortunately I will not
>      A  A experience the feature race.
>      A  A Steve will be providing the particulars related to the weekend
>      A  A including the final outcome of the weekend. I am pretty sure he
>      has
>      A  A some pictures and videos.
>      A  A From my perspective, the car seemed to perform almost
>      flawlessly. Very
>      A  A minor adjustments. That is a testament to the care taken by
>      Steve,
>      A  A Tony, and KC to make sure this is a proper representation of
>      the badge.
>      A  A The car looked great on the track as well as in the paddock.
>      A  A I am sure Steve will provide information whenever he is
>      campaigning the
>      A  A Pantera and I hope some of you have the opportunity to see it
>      in
>      A  A action.
>      A  A I want to take this opportunity to thank Steve, Tony, and KC
>      for
>      A  A allowing me to share in the experience this week and for their
>      A  A hospitality. It was a great time and as a long time (47 years)
>      Pantera
>      A  A owner, it was a real joy to see this at and on the track.
>      A  A Jim Kosloskey #6949 Yellow '74 L
>      etc.) use the links above.
>      Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward
>      any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of
>      the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
>      archive or approve the archiving of list messages.
>
> References
>
>    1. [6]mailto:jim.kosloskey at jim-kosloskey.com
>    2. [7]mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com

> the li
> nks above.

> message p
> osted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also
> grant
> the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving

-------------- next part --------------
   Quick update....Tony won in class in the Pantera.A  (Jim, the fast Jag
   broke.) Tony was way ahead of third place in class.A  He finished 10th
   out of 27 overall.A A
   The Pantera was flawless... Not a drop of oil, no overheating, great
   tire wear, but likely dead shocks.A  It needs new shocks all the way
   around. We be also want to swap in the Quaiffe for the ZF.
   I finished second in class, 7th out of 30- something overall in the
   DP02 Prototype, way ahead of third but way behind first.A A
   The guys/Pantera are on their way home as am I, and we will get a more
   detailed update later in the week.

   On Sat, Jul 17, 2021, 11:39 PM Asa Jay Laughton via DeTomaso

     A  A That is awesome Steve.A  It's a wonderful new chapter in the
     life of
     A  A 5533.A  If anyone has a hankerin' they could write up a great
     article
     A  A for the POCA Profiles.A  It's original purchase was written up
     way back
     A  A in I think 2000 or 2001 when Shelley and I purchased it.A  Then
     later I
     A  A think we wrote another article for Profiles, maybe around SSCC
     one
     A  A year, I can't recall.A  Seeing a new article around your
     experience with
     A  A the car, all you've done with it, and campaigning it on the
     track would
     A  A be a thrill to read.
     A  A Keep up the great work.A  You've got a nice care there. :)
     A  A AsaA  Jay
     [1][2]https://w7tsc.org
     [2][3]https://www.teampanteraracing.com