[DeTomaso] Gentlepeople of a certain age and flexibility

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 14:48:18 EDT 2021

Hi folks,

I was getting back into 1382 today and I nearly couldn’t do it.  I’m only
55 but arthritis got my hips and contorting makes it flare up a lot
sometimes.  I just had a cortisone injection end of May so it was a little
unexpected. I can’t take anti-inflammatory meds because I’m on blood
thinners.

Entering into the Pantera, I  sit in the seat and normally thread my legs
in as I rotate into the cockpit but it was tough hefting my right leg in,
it wouldn’t do it on it’s own.  It was just too painful.  Any advice for
pouring my body into the car?  Do my stretches and warm up beforehand or
schedule surgery?  Strategic grab handle locations?  Getting out seems a
lot easier but getting in was really tough.  Thank goodness it wasn’t the
clutch pedal leg :)

Any advice?  I know some of us have an array of body differences but we
have mostly the same car so here’s hoping.  I’m not giving up on her.

Sean
--
Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com http://spkorb.org (est 1994)