[DeTomaso] Gr4 Pantera at Le Mans video

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 31 16:48:34 EST 2021

While at the Big Bend Open Road Race I’ve run with the front hood latched and unlatched at speeds between

120 and 150mph.  Photos show an obvious bow in the hood while latched.  While unlatched, it rose about 2 inches

at speed.  The car in the video had a much larger blade type air dam than mine and I’m sure it put much more air thru the

radiator and under the hood.  I’m not sure what speeds he was running, but I don’t think most of it was much higher.

The rear hood also rises smoothly and balances between pressure zones, probably reducing turbulence inside and

outside the rear of the car.

Jeff, both headlights were up. ??

Michael