[DeTomaso] aluminum head removal update, maybe

Steven Edwards gsedwards at cox.net
Tue Jan 19 10:03:47 EST 2021

Thanks all for replying, I tried your suggestions. And nothing worked so far. Trying the compression and the air compressor method, well the air just escapes between the head and block.
Even hitting it during the procedure does not do anything.
I go 4 studs out, the remaining ones are frozen in place. I took a 14” breaker bar and a stud remover, and then with all my force I could muster, try to unscrew the stud, the only thing it did was to mark the stud. Tried this on 3 studs. Of course the double nut method was another failure.
I have been spraying the studs with penetrating oil in hopes that it would help.

Steven Edwards